12/3/13

Thérèse and Mitsou

Thérèse de Blanchard
In October, I went to see Balthus at the Met. It was amazing of course; I have a special place for him in my heart. I copied a portrait of Thérèse de Blanchard, his favorite model. I don't think I had seen this one before. The sentence an excerpt from the exhibition text that I really liked. Although possibly, the best part of the exhibition, was the ink drawings he did when he was 11 years old. They tell the story of the loss of his cat Mitsou.

1 comment:

  1. This is really fascinating Rachel. I have the book by Balthus about his lost cat but frankly I never knew he ever did anything else! It's amazing to find out he went on to be an artist that the Met would be exhibiting. Wow, I have to look into this. Love your drawing.

    ReplyDelete